Thursday, October 4, 2018
The changes included in the 18th Edition release are listed below:
1. BS7671:2018 - 421.1.7 AFDD to BS EN 62606
The user can select a combined Arc Fault Detection Unit to model an AFDD/MCB or AFDD/RCBO device up to 63A.
2. BS7671:2018 - 4184.108.40.206 Maximum disconnection times
The requirements specified in BS7671:2018 - 4220.127.116.11 are now considered for the maximum disconnection times during earth fault.
3. BS7671:2018 - 411.3.4 Additional requirements for circuits with luminaires
In domestic lighting circuits, the software will prompt to use RCD not exceeding 30mA.
4. BS7671:2018 - 531.3.2 Unwanted tripping
The software now performs calculations and checks for RCD unwanted tripping.
5. Surge Protective Devices
The Surge Protective Devices functionality is now based on BS7671:2018 534 "DEVICES FOR PROTECTION AGAINST OVERVOLTAGE"
6. BS7671:2018 - 536.4.202 Current ratings
Extra checks have been added to the software in order to comply with BS7671:2018 - 536.4.202
7. Terms, Warnings, and Guides
The term "Discrimination" is replaced with "Selectivity" and all warnings have been updated in accordance with BS7671:2018. Also, Guides have been modified to reflect the BS7671:2018 changes.
Check the 18th Edition Changes Knowledgebase