Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Installation and licence issues / Re: How to download and install
« Last post by spencer on 23 March 2022, 10:37 »
Video Guide on how to install EletricalOM is now availible on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qBSbqrpHJw
UK Forms / Re: Excluding circuits from reports
« Last post by spencer on 17 March 2022, 11:46 »
Hi JDC

There is not another option currently in the UK forms other than the not tested selection.

I understand that may not be useful to you however, I would for the time being recommend that you add a statement in the Extent of the installation covered by this certificate field to the effect of;

All circuits identified as ‘Not Tested’ within this certificate are part of the existing installation, and as such are not part of the works undertaken.

In the mean time I will look into some ideas for possible re-wording for electrical instllation certifcates 
UK Forms / Excluding circuits from reports
« Last post by JDC on 16 March 2022, 19:30 »
We have installed 3 x new circuits to DB/B on an existing schematic with multiple boards (A, B, C, D). When creating the Installation certificate we can excluded boards A, C, D from printing on the form but is it possible to excluded the existing circuits from showing on DB/B. I know we can select "not tested" but that isn't an ideal solution when issuing an installation certificate.

Regards

ElectricalOM for New Users / Re: Circuit Edit cable list
« Last post by Mert on 15 February 2022, 07:03 »
Thank you for the feedback JDC. It certainly became a bit crowded there, you are correct :)
ElectricalOM for New Users / Circuit Edit cable list
« Last post by JDC on 14 February 2022, 21:29 »
HI

I haven't managed to find an option / Setting so far. But as great as it it to have an expanding selection of cables it is starting to become a blur looking at the list when most of the time you are using maybe 3 or 4 different cables.

If it isn't at the moment can it be possible to either:

1: Be able to have a check list to only show specific cables or
2: maybe have a favourites section at the top of the list of most frequently used or starred favourites..

Regards
ElectricalOM for New Users / Re: Getting started guide
« Last post by Mert on 19 January 2022, 13:07 »
You can also check out our online user's manual here: https://electricalom.com/site/help/ElectricalOM%20Getting%20Started.html
Further to the above, we will include the option to consider the magnetic effect of the SWA when a separate CPC is involved based on the PD CLC/TR 50480:2011 UK NA.

Also, we will include the other checks about the separate cpc withstand and also the SWA cpc withstand, based on the portion of the Ief in each case as mentioned in the UK NA.

I hope that helps and many thanks again for the feedback.
Hello,

The GN6 notes have been considered for the SWA resistance calculation.

The PD CLC/TR 50480:2011 NA correction has not been considered though. This is something we will look at and most probably include as an option.

Thank you for the feedback!
Hi

I can you tell me if the software uses the calculations layed out in GN6 amd GN8 that adopts PD CLC/TR 50480:2011 which adopts annexe NA (for the Uk) methods of working out the  size of cpc for a 90 degree SWA thermosetting cable in excess of 100A per phase. Separate cpc and armouring alone. 

Within it contains calculations that the UK now uses (since 2015) to determine the magnetic effect the armour has upon a a separate parallel cpc run with the armour for a thermosetting  SWA cable taking into account the DC resistance of armour

It was adopted into BS7671 2008 (2015) Amd 3. You might remember it being the document that changed the Maximum earth fault loop impedances given in Tables 41.2, 41.3, 41.4 and 41.6. Back then.
GN6 references it (Page  81-83) along with GN8 (page 140) And app 4 BS7671 2018 SECTION 2.5

Thank you
ElectricalOM for New Users / Re: Measuring a known distance
« Last post by admin on 12 November 2021, 16:46 »
Hi,

When coping in cad you can move your mouse to point to a direction and then type a distance that will denote the length to copy the figure. The action submits by pressing enter and ends with mouse right-click or by pressing escape.

Similarly, when drawing a line you can set the start point and then move the mouse right, for example, and type the length you want the endpoint to be located from the starting point.  Again the action submits by pressing enter and ends with mouse right-click or by pressing escape.

You can always review the action progress at the command area.

Also, the ortho mode helps be on a straight line.

See the video here that will help:  https://nextcloud.com.gr/modecsoft/index.php/s/Frd79fZPGywqgs9
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10