Author Topic: Measuring a known distance  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Ronniechew

Measuring a known distance
« on: 10 November 2021, 08:51 »
Hello,

Is there a way of measuring a known distance? So say if I wanted to place two lights 1.2 m apart on an already scaled drawing, how would I do that, I know I can measure using the measuring tool between two fixed points but not sure about the former. 

Thank you

Offline Mert

• Administrator
    • ElectricalOM
Re: Measuring a known distance
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2021, 10:10 »
its like normal cad. copy the symbol move the mouse to the direction, type the distance in metres and press enter. Or draw a line as a guide and the osnap to the end of the line

Offline Ronniechew

« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2021, 14:49 »
Hi I have never used normal CAD. Where do I type the required distance? Equally when I draw a line how do I know the distance of that line?

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2021, 16:46 »
Hi,

When coping in cad you can move your mouse to point to a direction and then type a distance that will denote the length to copy the figure. The action submits by pressing enter and ends with mouse right-click or by pressing escape.

Similarly, when drawing a line you can set the start point and then move the mouse right, for example, and type the length you want the endpoint to be located from the starting point.  Again the action submits by pressing enter and ends with mouse right-click or by pressing escape.

You can always review the action progress at the command area.

Also, the ortho mode helps be on a straight line.

See the video here that will help:  https://nextcloud.com.gr/modecsoft/index.php/s/Frd79fZPGywqgs9