Author Topic: ElectricalOM two supply problem  (Read 5002 times)

Offline RCDGuy

ElectricalOM two supply problem
« on: 12 October 2021, 10:20 »
There is something I do not understand.

1.   SSB 2
I have a switchboard SSB 2.  There are 2 incoming to this switchboard – 1 from MSB and the other from EMSB
I created the feed from MSB.  I then create tye EMSB and connect this EMSB to SSB 2.  This feed is supposed to be the primary feed.

Problem noticed:
•   Physically I have no objection over the display.  However:
•   When I change the breaker in the EMSB for SSB 2, it does not reflect the change I had done.
•   I believe the change is for the CB at MSB

Other problem
•   At EMSB, I noted that I cannot shift the feeder for SSB 2 to a location I wanted.  It stayed at the location I created the connection to SSB 2
•   The SLD on the left do not reflect the circuit breaker to SSB 2 from EMASB although the feed from MSB is clearly indicated

Please advise whether what I experience was a result of using the program or that I did not follow the steps correctly.

Offline RCDGuy

Re: ElectricalOM two supply problem
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2021, 10:21 »
Also,
I cannot make the 2 length of cable from MSB and EMSB different.

There is something I do not understand.

1.   SSB 2
I have a switchboard SSB 2.  There are 2 incoming to this switchboard – 1 from MSB and the other from EMSB
I created the feed from MSB.  I then create tye EMSB and connect this EMSB to SSB 2.  This feed is supposed to be the primary feed.

Problem noticed:
•   Physically I have no objection over the display.  However:
•   When I change the breaker in the EMSB for SSB 2, it does not reflect the change I had done.
•   I believe the change is for the CB at MSB

Other problem
•   At EMSB, I noted that I cannot shift the feeder for SSB 2 to a location I wanted.  It stayed at the location I created the connection to SSB 2
•   The SLD on the left do not reflect the circuit breaker to SSB 2 from EMASB although the feed from MSB is clearly indicated

Please advise whether what I experience was a result of using the program or that I did not follow the steps correctly.

Offline Mert

• Administrator
    • ElectricalOM
Re: ElectricalOM two supply problem
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2021, 10:23 »
Hello RCDGuy,

Changes apply only to the active network. To edit a circuit path you need to close the open switch first. The same applies in rearranging the circuits and/or modifying protection devices etc.

HTH