Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
CAD Plan Design / Re: Importing DWG files & Editing
« Last post by Mert on 05 October 2021, 13:53 »
Hi,

You need to bind the dwg first. Please see the attached screenshot

CAD Plan Design / Importing DWG files & Editing
« Last post by RCDGuy on 05 October 2021, 13:52 »
I have imported a DWG file but cannot edit any of the existing information I can only lay over it.....
ElectricalOM for Advanced Users / Re: Schematic Bus-Bar
« Last post by Mert on 05 October 2021, 13:51 »
You can install up to two tap-offs / section. You can add extra sections and set them not to use conductors. This will allow you to add as many taps and consider only only section.

See the attached image for guidance.

ElectricalOM for Advanced Users / Schematic Bus-Bar
« Last post by RCDGuy on 05 October 2021, 13:50 »
I'm plotting a design using the schneider KN bus-bar but can only place 1 tap off on one side of the bus-bar the type i'm installing as 6 tap offs on each length. Can this be fixed?
ElectricalOM for Advanced Users / Re: Parallel Battery Configuration
« Last post by Mert on 05 October 2021, 13:49 »
To achieve this you need to have the battery selected and then go to main menu Functions --> Parallel source operation and check the other Battery. Now the two switches will be set to close.
ElectricalOM for Advanced Users / Parallel Battery Configuration
« Last post by RCDGuy on 05 October 2021, 13:48 »
I am using two battery DC sources connected in parallel each source having its own output fuse. Both batteries are in hard parallel at the distribution board input via switches.

The battery fuse discriminates with the down stream load MCBs (Inverter loads) but i am getting a critical error due to the total loading being applied to only one (active battery source. Is it possible to have both battery sources connected to the distribution/switchboard at the same time as this is how it would function in reality?

ElectricalOM for New Users / Re: Exporting To Easycert
« Last post by Mert on 05 October 2021, 13:44 »
To import the exported eom2ec file:
1. Open tysoft easycert and create a new certificate
2. Go to DB schedule and right click on the circuits area
3. Select import
4. Choose the exported file eom2ec file
ElectricalOM for New Users / Exporting To Easycert
« Last post by RCDGuy on 05 October 2021, 13:44 »
Hi, I have exported a project to use in Tysoft Easycert using the export options in the file menu.
This produces a file that is not recognized by the Easycert application and it will not import it.
Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
Calculations & Checks / Re: Max Earth Fault Loop Impedance figures
« Last post by Mert on 05 October 2021, 13:41 »
This is actually correct, considering the RCD will be responsible to protect during the earth fault conditions. The maths are:

MaxZs =( Cmin x Uo ) / Ia

For a 30mA RCD Ia = 30mA ==> MaxZs = (0.95x230)/0.03 = 7283.3 Ohms

Now in case, you want the overcurrent device to be responsible for the protection (recommended for TN systems) you need to check the relevant option in the circuit editor. See the attached image 1.

You can have this as the default behaviour for your circuits by setting it at the project option defaults (main menu-->Edit-->Project info and options). See the attached image 2.

In your current project, you can multi-select and apply this setting from the circuit details page. See the attached image 3.

Calculations & Checks / Max Earth Fault Loop Impedance figures
« Last post by RCDGuy on 05 October 2021, 13:39 »
I have been going through the EICR that i am carrying out and have noticed some discrepancies from the BS7671 and your list . For example 61009 C 32 30ma - 7283.33 Zs in the regs 0.68 Zs on 0.4 secs, also 60898 D 63 - 0.65 in the regs 0.35 Zs on 5 secs. Can you clarify that they are correct please.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10